Sunday, September 18, 2011

Life's short...bake cookies

Today I was tired. 

Really, really tired

Evan still doesn't know what the definition of sleep is.

We all "slept in".  The kids didn't get out of bed until after 7am!!  Can I get a woot woot?  After not really sleeping all night, 7 am feels like 3am!

We got up, got showered got dressed, and Leila, Evan and I went to church.  I love my church, and don't go more often than I do.  Our lives are too busy sometimes.  But today, after last weeks craziness, I needed to go.  I needed to hear the readings, I needed to pray with my church family, I needed to hear the homily, and sing the hymns. 

We came home from church as it started to pour (we were lucky to make it in the house before this happened).  My mom had come to stay with Brayden who said "I don't want to go to church today, I don't want to leave my house".  So I made lunch, and waited for Jeff to tell me his ballgame had been cancelled.  The game was finally cancelled around 1, Jeff came home at 1:30 and said he was going to get a shower and then I was to take a nap.

Oh nap, how I love thee!  However, Leila was begging me to make cookies with her, so we made cookies.  Usually I would tell her "later", but with my friend facing cancer, I'm seeing things a bit differently.  

CANCER!  He's my age.  My age.  That hits home.  We don't know anything yet.  His biopsy will probably be back tomorrow, and he and his wife (one of my best friends) have a really positive outlook about this.  It's really hit home for me.  I'm going to try to make more memories with my kids.  I hope to be around for a VERY long time, but I'm going to do like the Tim McGraw song and "Live like you're dyin'".

The snickerdoodles were awesome, and the nap was an hour shorter :)  Life's great!

No comments: