
I confess: Its been a pretty rough week. We started the week with some family drama, that sucked. I'm not getting into it too much, but lets just say my feelings were hurt pretty bad.
I confess: I have a new appreciation for my mother-in-law. I've felt for a long time that she was unemotional and didn't share enough, but now I think its a good thing. Example: my ex brother-in-law treated SIL like poo, and my MIL never said anything bad about him. I thought that she was oblivious, or didn't care. Now I think she just didn't want to rock the boat, and what good would telling me (daughter-in-law), or Jeff (son) how frustrated she was? This week has opened my eyes, and I think I will learn by her example.
I confess: I feel kind-of guilty for the way things turned out after the drama. I'm glad it's over, and I'm trying to get over it and forget. I wonder if ignoring the baloney would have been the Christian thing to do. Guess it's too late to take that road now.
I confess: My in-laws rocked this week, and I love them more for their support this week. I've been with my hubby for 15 years, and married 12, I think I finally feel like family.
I confess: On top of all this drama, one of my best friends from high school got some scary news about her husband (that I found out about the same night as drama) and I realized life's too short to sweat the drama. I have a beautiful family, an awesome hubby, momma, kids, friends, and in-laws! We're all pretty healthy, and life is awesome!

6 comments:
Family drama is the worst. There is no way to avoid it sometimes. Hope it all works out.
I hate family drama. HATE! Nobody wins, everyone looses. Not fair about being off work today. That was my goal... it didn't happen.
Glad you had a positive in feeling part of the family with the inlaws! HUGS to the rest and your friend...
Sounds like even though you had all that family drama, things ended out stronger than they started. I hope your weekend is drama-free!
Thanks to all for your comments! So far so good with the drama-free thing. A friend and I have decided to go on a drama-free diet. We won't lose weight, but we'll gain sanity!!!
Oh seriously!!! HI!! I DO know you!! How freaking funny is this?!?! I love it.
I hate family drama too. And in our family, it always seems to be caused by the married ins, you know?! Anyway yay for you finding me!!
Post a Comment