Friday, September 30, 2011

Friday Confessional

Its that day of the week again!!!  Yay we made it!  It's been a beautiful day here so I'm one happy gal!  Let's confess, shall we?  Head on over and link up with Mamarazzi if you have the chance!



Photobucket

I confess:  I am so happy it's the last day of September.  It's not been the greatest month, and I'm ready to start new with October.  Family drama, friend with cancer, death of a family pet...enough Debbie Downer!

I confess:  I've always LOVED October.  I love fall, love pumpkins, and changing leaves.  I love having an excuse to drink hot cocoa, or cider, or tea.  I love having the windows open and feeling the crisp air- curling up under the covers.  LOVE!!!

I confess:  I have "October songs" I always listen to and sing in October.  When I was a little girl, my mom was a huge Barry Manilow fan, and I admit I became a fanilow too.  I hope I never forget the sound of a record on a record player.  He has a song "When October Goes" that I've always loved (really, I like normal music too").  Every year as the air turns cooler I think "Oh how I hate to see October go".

Another song that always comes around for me is "Leaving October Behind" by Sons of the Desert. This song was played a lot around my first year of college and I remember sitting in my '94 Ford Ranger, waiting for class to start, listening to country radio, and just loving this song! (sorry, couldn't find this one on youtube).

I confess:  I googled "mid-sized dog good with kids" tonight.  I know we should wait, but our home seems so empty without Avery.  Everything I read said to wait until kids are past the grabbing, pulling stage.  Guess we'll have to wait and see.  To be continued...


There we go folks, don't think I have anymore to confess about.  Hope to see you again next week!

1 comment:

Mamarazzi said...

oh oh oh get a chiweenie...i have never been more pleased with a dog in my life and Coco is soooo good with children!

i understand why you are looking, there is a space to be filled, Avery would totally understand!!

thanks for linking up!! sorry i am sooo slow getting here, life keeps getting in the way!

OH, i also wanted to let you know that the My Happy List link party is moving to Tuesdays starting October 11, i would LOVE for you to play!