Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Carseats and such
Here it is, Wednesday, and my 1st day of work this week. I always have Tuesdays off, so since Monday was a holiday I only have a three day work week (YAY!!). Tonight was our monthly mom/baby group at Steph's house. The carseat debate came up again. I have 3 kids: 7, 4, and 8 months. The older 2 faced forward at 1 year (we switched Leila a bit earlier). My kids always ride in carseats, we've been very safe and they're still here so apparently we're doing something right. Saying that, I will rearface E.J. for at least 2 years. Older, wiser me knows it is whats best for my little guy. Mom even bought me a sweet new carseat for my car (now I guess I should sell another one). I respect my friends' decisions to follow the suggestion to rearface, or not, and I will not pass judgement. I hope they can do the same for me. I know it may seem extreme to leave baby facing backwards, but I've read the reports, and had a police officer tell me about the research that has been done. He told me there is a a video that the school will not allow in drivers ed, that shows what forward facing a child too soon can do. I don't want to think about being in a serious car accident with any of my kids (or at all for that matter), but I want to be prepared in case it happens. On another note, it REALLY bothers me when a parent does not have a child in a carseat and they should be. My daughter has a classmate who has not been in a carseat since kindergarden (the law in our state is 8 years old or 80 lbs for no longer needing a carseat). The other day, I saw the mom driving with this little girl in the front seat of the car. I was so upset! The "what-ifs" were running through my head. I shouldn't let it bother me, not my kid, but those little ones are so precious, I just don't understand why someone wouldn't be a bit more cautious! So there's my rant for the night, I am gladly going to give up my soap box for my bed now (maybe E.J. will sleep 5 hours straight like he did last night-a girl can dream!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment