
I had a great visit with my dad on Tuesday. We went down to the family farm, he showed me all his animals, we drove around the dirt roads, then back into a nearby town for lunch. Leila was reading to him. It was really cute. I'm so happy we're able to have a relationship.
The kids have had a great 1st week of school. I was able to take the afternoon off on Wednesday to pick them up. Its a tradition to go to Dairy Queen after school to eat ice cream and hear how wonderful the first day of school was. Leila is loving 2nd grade so far, and Brayden is happy to see some of his friends back in preschool this year. It makes me happy to see my kids enjoying school. Hope they can keep loving it until they graduate college!
I've been taking some time to finish some little projects I've started. Today while EJ was napping, I finished a cloth diaper I started before he was born :)...SLACKER!! It turned out really cute. Yesterday I finished a dishtowel, and I've been working on Evan's afghan (almost done). HAPPY!!! I took a little crochet hiatus after making 2 baptism robes for EJ and Shelby Kay (our goddaughter) in 3 weeks. It feels good to get back in the groove and finish some projects.
Cute dog diaper
Dishtowel
Tonight my friend Steph is hosting a girls night at her house. We aren't party animals. There won't be any alcohol involved, just women talking, playing games, eating yummy food. Its going to be a GREAT night!
There's some of my happy for the week. Link up with Mamarazzi if ya wanna.

No comments:
Post a Comment