Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Lions, tigers, and peanuts...oh my!

About a week ago we found out little EJ is allergic to peanuts. We still do not know exactly how allergic, we meet with the allergist next week to find out if we have to be a peanut-free house. I know it probably sounds silly, but this really bothered me. I had an allergy to peanuts as a child and grew out of it, but I kept thinking about how we can't enjoy peanut butter cookies, peanut butter sandwiches, chex mix. Silly, I know, but I also know how it feels as a kid saying , "I can't eat that, I'm allergic". Part of me feels responsible, we already had two healthy kids, why did we need to tempt fate with #3? Really I don't think that way. Evan is a wonderful blessing and I wouldn't trade him for millions of dollars! Such a sweet baby! Anyway sometimes I have to make myself look at the big picture. There are worse things out there than a silly allergy. We will figure this out, and if we have to, we will learn to live peanut-free (oh the horror!). For now I'm trying to remember I ALWAYS have to carry an epipen for him, which I kind of stink at. I've never been good with the whole diaper bag thing. Guess I have to get good at it now eh?

No comments: