
I confess: I'm having a hard time believing Leila lately. She's been pulling this "my tummy hurts" thing. I hate doubting her, but it seems a little too convenient to me. She's come home twice this week after lunch (and she ate her whole lunch) saying her tummy hurt, and today will be the 2nd full day she's stayed home. The only day she stayed all day was the same day they had girl scouts after school. I think I smell a rat.
I confess: I'm scared to not believe her and send her to have her vomit at school. Ugh! What parents have to put up with!
I confess: we've all had a little sinus drainage since our weather can't figure out what to do this winter. 60 degrees one day, 30 the next, 60 by the end of the week has been the weather pattern. It is currently spitting snow but not sticking. Poor kids, they just want to play in the snow.
I confess: we've got a busy weekend planned and I'm very excited. I'm hoping Leila's "illness" doesn't kill our fun.
I confess: I suck and forgot to wish my baby cousin Sammi Jo a happy birthday so here goes on the ole blog (and I'll text her too!). Sammi was the baby cousin, the one that was competition for me (the only child) She was 6 years younger which equals annoying when you're 12, but as she's grown up into her amazing self I've realized how much I missed when she was a kid. She's grown into a pretty special adult and we look quite a bit alike. She teaches now and is an amazing young woman! Happy birthday Sammi Jo! 6 years doesn't seem so far apart now!
There's my confession for the week. Head over to Mamarazzi's blog to see what others are confessing.

1 comment:
oh yeah, i feel ya on not knowing if the tummy troubles are real or a way to be home. J did that for a little while. my mom told me i was making stay home days too much fun by letting her watch TV or read or whatever was "mellow" enough to be called resting.
i finally told her she had to stay in her bed, no TV no books..nothing, just SLEEP.
a few days of this and she never stays home now. he has had perfect attendance for the last 8 yrs.
thanks for linking up your confessions!!
Post a Comment