So Friday was the last day of school for 2009, and the terrible blogger I've been the last couple of months, I realized that a lot of new has happened this year and I haven't updated anyone about it.
Leila started taking piano lessons this past October from someone I went to high school with. She seems to be enjoying it so far. She has been moving along in the beginner book fairly quickly. I hope soon I will be able to play along side her (I've been practicing too). I always wanted to learn piano, and I can read treble clef music, but I've never quite caught on to bass clef. The piano was a deal!!!! We started looking in September, and to buy one used during a 50% off sale was going to cost around $700.00. Jeff and I decided to wait until income tax time and spend the extra money to get a digital piano ($1000.00 new). I was discussing all this with my hair stylist one day and that was that. The week of Apple Festival, Lori called and said "didn't you tell me you were looking for a piano? My neighbor wants to give one away!" So we looked at it and decided to take it! The couple had bought it for their daughter who lost all interest in piano when she turned 16 and could drive. They just wanted someone to come and haul it off! Ken and Scott Peterein to the rescue! Jeff, Ken, and Scott loaded the piano into Ken's horse trailer, brought it to our house, and carried it into the house. Ken did suffer a minor injury, he skinned his finger.
Leila is still taking dance at Arabesque. She has been moved into a more advanced class and she really enjoys it. She is learning ballet, tap, and jazz dances. Her recital will be in early June this year and the theme is The Lion King.
She is really enjoying Kindergarten! I didn't realize how much homework kindergartners have these days! She comes home with 2-3 sheets per night! Thankfully, she really enjoys homework and does it the minute she gets home without being asked to do it. I love her school and teacher. We get e-mails informing us how she's doing, which is great.
Brayden is growing so fast! I keep thinking 3 years ago I was waiting (not so patiently) for his arrival. Now he's a little boy! He finally gave up bobo, that was a long time coming! He's finally sleeping better, I even get about a night a week of uninterupted sleep. Last week he slept through the night three nights in a row! I didn't know what to do with myself I was so well rested! :) He celebrates his 3rd birthday on the 27th, I want my baby back! They grow up way too fast! Now we just need to work on potty training.
So there's the latest update. Merry Christmas everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Glad everything is going well! Like your new background.
-Des
Post a Comment