Saturday, April 28, 2012

What a week!

It's been one of those weeks...you know, crazy at work, crazy at home stressed to the max...ugh!


Monday at work there was drama, which isn't abnormal, but this time I was involved and I hate that. See we have someone who works with us who is seriously mentally ill. This person has a tendency to go on and off her meds at random times and have crazy breaks at work. She also likes to pick on people and this week it was my turn. Our office manager told me I need to report her behavior to our boss, but I don't see the point. She's worked for him for years. In the five years I've worked here I bet at least 10 people have quit because of her behavior. Amazing she would be allowed to act that way, but whatever.


Monday night Evan started coughing a bit, no big deal we gave him some Zyrtec and put him to bed. We have an albuterol inhaler we can give him and I was giving him that at 3.5 hour intervals and he was still out of breath and wheezing. Finally at 4:45am, after he'd had the inhaler at 3:30 and he was having more trouble, we went to the ER. I figured he needed a breathing treatment and we would be on our way. Not so much. They took blood and his white count was elevated so we were transferred to the next town over and admitted per our pediatrician's orders. I've doted on our dr before, he's just awesome! 4 breathing treatments later, we were discharged with a nebulizer for home to be used every 4 hours awake or asleep. Exhausting! Evan saw Dr.P yesterday and we're now supposed to wean him off of the nebulizer. Last night we didn't have to give it to him! Woohoo! Today will be every 6 hours with 1 steroid treatment, and tomorrow will be 8 without a steroid treatment. Bad news from Dr. P was the ears are still not good so we now have to see an ENT in May. Back on antibiotics we go!


I returned to work on Thursday, and the crazy woman is still working on me so, needless to say, I was so ready for the weekend! Today in going to work on Leila's 1st communion dress since we have 1 week before her big day!

No comments: