1. My Nook-Jeff got me this little doodad for my birthday last year, and at first I was thinking "I can get a book from the library for free" and I'm all about free! But the e-book has won me over! There are TONS of free e-books, they run specials on them, and with the nook you can share books with other nook owners. How cool is that? Plus its easy to read one-handed, say when holding an adorable baby, and light to carry which is nice when carrying it around, plus it fits in my purse so when I had a zillion dr's appts I could read while waiting for the doctor!
2. DVR-I'm very picky about what my kids watch on tv, and there is so much that I deem inappropriate for them. DVR has given us the ability to record shows for them and for us. We watch shows with them in the evening before bed, and watch our shows after they go to bed, because lets face it, they don't need to be exposed to psyc, or glee, or house just yet.
3. Netflix-holy moly how I LOVE netflix. We just started it while I was in my last week of maternity leave and how I wish we had had it the whole time! There are shows that I've thought, "I would really like to see that sometime" and just haven't been able to catch them. Whole seasons of shows and movies at my fingertips...yay! And lets face it, Jeff and I haven't been to the movies in AGES, and I doubt we go anytime soon, so we just make note of the movies we want to see and when they come out we can get them through netflix!
4. Facebook-I am a nosey person, facebook helps me fulfill my nosiness. I can see what all my friends are doing, how their kids are growing, what games they are playing, etc! It is a great little tool for the nosey at heart.
5. My smartphone-I had a cell phone in the day they were like 6 inches thick and texting didn't exist, you had to memorize which number on speed dial went to who...now I'm amazed at what I can do with my little phone. I can search the internet, e-mail, chat, fb, text, and call. I got mine about a year and a half ago and honestly don't know what I'd do without it. I think Jeff is a little jealous of the time I spend on it though ;)
6. My shark floor steamer- I had a floormate that I bought when they first came out and it died last year. We have a LOT of hard floors in our house so I did a little research and we bought a shark steamer at BB&B. It is AWESOME! It really cleans and no harsh chemicals which helps save the environment and my pocketbook! Win/win!! I think it does as good of a job as the floormate did, probably not as good as scrubbing it on hands and knees, but I don't have time for that anymore!
7. My medela- okay, I have a love/hate relationship with my pump. I absolutely hate to use it, but I know it helps me give my baby the best thing I can give. If I were living in Laura Ingalls Wilder time, I wouldn't need one, because I would not have to leave my baby, but lets face it, I am NOT the stay-at-home type. I'm a better mom because I get to go to work 4 days a week!
And he doesn't look like he's suffering does he?
Ha, so another blog down in like 2 weeks, its a record! I'll try again real soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment