Friday, March 9, 2012

TGIF and thoughts about soda...

Holy moly the week is over yay! It's definitely been busy around here and it looks like its going to get busier until mid-summer! Today I traveled to Harrisburg for work. It was really weird. Our office is close to the area destroyed in the storm. Like way close. I saw flattened homes, homes without roofs and walls. A camper trailer on its side, and lots of roofs with tarps over them. And this was from our parking lot! The town is busy, though. People have to pick up and keep going, and they are moving on with their lives.


I feel like confessing so I'm linking up with Mamarazzi tonight to get some stuff off my chest.

Photobucket


I confess: I did not fully commit to giving up soda for Lent. I used an excuse "I will cut back on my soda". Awful! I told Jeff with the amount of sleep I get, I need that pick me up from time to time. That being said, I have been drinking 1-2 sodas a week instead of my normal lots of soda, little bit of water every day habit.


I confess: my drug of choice is Pepsi regular thank you very much. No diet stuff here, I require high-octane! The diet stuff just doesn't taste right, and if I'm splurging, I might as well make it worth it.


I confess: I don't want my kids to pick up my bad habit so I have told them from a very young age that they tried soda and didn't like it. It really worked well, until Leila was at a friend's house and they gave it to her. "mommy I tried soda again and I liked it, it was good!". Oh well, at least it worked for a while! Now I only allow it on special occasions, and I don't keep it in the house.


I confess: I'm a pushover as a momma, and I'm just a little bit proud I've been able to stand my ground on this topic with my kids. I think it's important for them to learn to drink water and lots of it!




Whew! That feels better! Check out Mamarazzi to see other confessions!

2 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

i am pretty sure i would die if i had to give up my beloved Diet Pepsi, i rarely keep it in the house but i WILL drive to get myself one everyday.

the convo with your little girl is hilarious...busted!

thanks for linking up your confessions, i hope your weekend is fabulous!!

Amber - Binkertation said...

I'm a pushover mama too, so I can relate, so good for you for standing your ground. I'm embarassed to admit my little gal LOVES soda pop, but like you, it's a VERY limited thing for her. I don't want that to become a bad habit. I guess I'm fortunate that I'm not a soda gal at all - never have been..though I love my coffee!

Where do you live, by the way? You mentioned Harrisburg, and I grew up only 15 minutes from there in Mechanicsburg (Cumberland County). Small world!