Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Happy to be back!




It's been a long time since I've blogged. So much has happened since my last post. Kids are out of school and have been since the end of May. Softball and t-ball are in full swing, and dance is winding down!  Let's list my happy for today...

I'm happy to report our laundry room is almost done!  I have a few finishing touches, and then I'll post more about it. We painted it a pretty blue-gray and with all the white accents it looks pretty sharp. Jeff even commented he didn't realize how big the room was until it was done.  I love when a project comes together the way I envisioned it!

We got our cheap Walmart pool set back up for year 2. I really didn't think it would happen, it was so dry last year, the grass grew through the bottom...in 5 places...nice. So we set it up and cleaned it, then filled it enough to run chemicals and waited for the leaks to start...and they did.  I patched at least 5 holes and two of them I had to patch twice, but it finally seems to be holding water. Yay!  The big kids are enjoying it right now while Evan is napping! 



I'm happy we had such a long spring. I really enjoyed the mild weather so far. Today's a hot one, but this weekend we had lows in the 50s!

My "kids" got me a sweet new toy for Mother's Day, an iPad!  Blogging from it right now considering our desktop is sick. :(

And my biggest happy since the last time I blogged is...drumroll please...WE PAID OUR CAR OFF!!!  We were going to try to pay it off by the end of the year, but it wasn't looking too promising, then I won a school raffle and with a little from our savings, we paid it off!  No car payments makes me HAPPY!  We're working on paying down our home equity loan and saving up some money. Our grand plan is to build a house in the next couple of years...to be continued...

Thanks to Ricki Jill for hosting!

1 comment:

Ricki Treleaven said...

I took the liberty of linking-you up! ;P

I love the pretty gray you chose for your laundry room. THe blue reminds me of an expensive man's suit. I love it! Laundry rooms need to be pretty because we spend so much time in them!

Thanks for supporting this link party. It means so much to me!

xo,
RJ