Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Summer is almost over???

Leila on the zoo train

Brayden on the zoo train

What a cute pair



Seriously where has the time gone? We really didn't do a whole lot this summer, but it has really flown by! Mom, Ken, and I took Leila and Brayden to the zoo over Fourth of July weekend. It was our second visit to the zoo, and unfortunately, not very successful. Brayden and Leila were so excited about going that they were up by 5:30 and ready to go!!! We got there around 9am and the kids had been awake the whole way there. So, needless to say, by 11:00, my 2 year old who must have a nap was CRANKY!!! We went out to the car to eat our lunch and leave to go home and Leila was upset. Just proves you can't please everyone all the time. My cousin, Samantha, and her dad came to visit from Wyoming. We had a great time out on the porch (the weather was so mild around the Fourth of July). Samantha and I also traded crafting ideas. It's still hard for me to see her as an adult. I guess I feel like I'm not any older so she should still be a little girl. She taught high school last year in Douglas WY and will be teaching in Laramie this year.

We also found out that my cousin Christine and her husband, Mike, are expecting a little girl in December. Again, although she is only 2.5 years younger than me, this is hard for me to grasp. I am so excited to see her as a new mommy. She and Samantha are both wonderful with kids, and my aunt Margaret (AKA NeNe) will be a wonderful grandma.

My friend Jessie and her husband Dustin are also expecting a little girl in December. Jessie has also always been great with kids and she will make a great mommy. I see lots of pink yarn in my future!!!

Jeff and I celebrated our 10th anniversary on July 31. Jeff decided that the best gift would be a surprise party at the KC Hall with many of our friends and family. Needless to say, he did good! It was wonderful having everyone there share in a meal with us. I cannot believe all the effort he put into it, along with our moms. My mom had almost everything at her house in my old room. They decorated with the same spoons full of hershey's kisses, the wishing well (the cards went into), and the corsages, my bouquet, and even the ring-bearer pillow and flower girl basket. We cut a cake that Nancy made with the same knife and cake-server, and used the napkins (that we forgot at our actual wedding!). It was a wonderful night. Even my aunt Margaret and Christine came from Wyoming to share in the evening!

So those are the high points of our summer. Like I said, we really didn't do much. I think the most excitement I've had has come from arguing with the insurance company over damage from the May 8th storm. Oh well! Life is too short to have a coronary over things we cannot change!

No comments: