Friday, September 12, 2008
Busy Week!!!
HOLY COW! Am I glad Applefest is only one week out of the year. It seems that things build up and explode around this time of year anyway, but this week has been nuts! Tuesday night we went to the contributer's dinner uptown and had Scott and Steph watch the monsters for us. Well, let me back up a bit and say Bray has had a dry cough for weeks now and I've been thinking "asthma" in the back of my mind. Tuesday night it started sounding worse for Steph, and then after we got home he began wheezing. Then his breathing seemed really shallow so I told Jeff we needed to go to the ER. (I HATE going!). So Mom came over and Mom and I took him (at this point Bray was asleep, but wheezing loud and I could feel the rubbing in his back.) The ER doc was great, the nurse not so great. The doc called it bronchiolitis, said he would not touch asthma with a 10 foot pole because it will brand Brayden and insurance companies hate asthma. So Bray got a breathing treatment (which was challenging) and then the doc gave him 1/2 tsp prednisolone, but the nurse said since the pred tastes terrible she put it in juice. Well she put it in close to 4 oz juice! So here my baby is tired and really only wants to nurse and she is saying "here, drink juice". Well Bray refused. So the nurse takes out a syringe and forces the juice down him (she filled the syringe several times), needless to say, Brayden spit most of the juice back at us and we were all pretty sticky after all was said and done, and I doubt any of the 1/2 tsp medicine got into his body! All in all we were only there for an hour, but Brayden was pretty hyper and we didn't get him to sleep until after 11:30. Wednesday he did sound better though, and has taken pred and albuterol for the last 2 days and (Thank God) I haven't heard him wheeze since yesterday morning. Last night was judging for the apple butter contest. We placed 3rd out of close to 20 entries (I'm really not too sure how many there were), not bad but we are a little disappointed. We really wanted 1st! Oh well, better luck next year! Today is the Kiddie Parade and Mom is the Parade Chair so it will be a very busy day for us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment